Looking for affordable health insurance?
Get affordable, essential health coverage with benefits such as:
- $0 monthly plan premium
- $0 deductible
- $0 preventive care checkups
- $0 copay to talk to a doctor 24/7 by phone or video chat*
- $0 dental** and vision coverage
- Low-cost generic prescription drugs
- Emergency room visits
- Hospital care
- Access to a network of retail health clinics and urgent care centers
- Personalized attention for chronic conditions such as asthma, COPD, cancer, diabetes and others
- Convenient, money-saving mail-order prescription service
- And more
What are Essential Plans?
The Essential Plan is a New York health insurance program for lower-income state residents who don’t qualify for Medicaid or the Child Health Plus program. There are four Essential Plan options, each based on household income level. All Essential Plans include dental and vision coverage without any copays or coinsurance when you get covered dental or vision services from a network provider. New York State created this program to fill the coverage gap that many individuals and families have, as they do not qualify for Medicaid but cannot afford full premium coverage.
Who are Essential Plans for?
Essential plans are for individuals 19–64 years of age who are U.S. citizens, permanent residents, legal residents, or eligible immigrants.†
We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Something went wrong
Please, try again